ANTIPASTA PASTA SALAD

Last summer my family and I were going to Indiana to visit my husbands brother and his family.  When I asked what I could bring they said they would love it if I brought an "antipasta salad".  I was not sure if that meant an antipasta appetizer of marinated vegetables or if it meant a pasta salad.  So I decided to make a pasta salad that had marinated vegetables, salami & cheese in it.  I called it my Antipasta Pasta Salad.  It turned out to be a hit.  This past week-end we visited our family in Indiana again.  I decided to make this salad since it was such a hit the first time.  The flavors and ingredients of this salad work extremely well together.  You can serve this salad along side burgers, chicken, pork or steak.



ANTIPASTA PASTA SALAD 
  • 2 lbs. frozen cheese tortellini
  • 1 (12 oz.) can pitted black olives - cut in half
  • 2 cans quartered artichoke hearts
  • 1 1/2 cup grape tomates - quartered
  • 8 oz. salami cut into 1/2 inch strips
  • 8 oz. provolone or mozerella cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red peppers cut into 1/2 inch slices
  • 1 (12 oz)  jar banana peppers (drained)
  • 4 TB. chopped fresh basil
  • 1 packet dry italian salad dressing
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
  • 4 TB. parmesan cheese
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 TB. fresh oregano
  • 1 TB. chopped red onion
  • 2 TB. chopped italian parsley
  1. In a large pot of salted boiling water add the tortellini.  Cook for just 3-4 minutes - the tortellini will float.
  2. Rinse pasta under cold water.
  3. Add pasta to a large bowl.  Add the rest of the ingredients to the pasta.  Stir well.
  4. Cover and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
  5. Serve

Comments