Sugared Pumpkin Cookies


Know how to make any box cake or cookie into an autumn treat? It's simple and really easy, especially for those of us who don't love baking from scratch. Just substitute pumpkin purée for the fat! This was a Betty Crocker bag of snicker doodle cookie mix. It called for 1/2 cup of butter, so I subbed out 1/2 cup of pumpkin purée. Not only were the cookies much healthier, they were soft and delish. The cookies had a cake like consistency which I really liked.

Try it on box cake mixes too. I made a Betty Crocker vanilla cake and subbed out the 1 cup oil for 1 cup pumpkin purée and it was great. To give the cookies or cake a autumn flavor I also add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon each of cloves and nutmeg. If you don't have either, then add 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice.

Either one, cookie or cake were a fall flavor you will really enjoy. It's sorta homemade and brings a pleasant scent to the whole house. It's perfect for non bakers like me! 

Comments