Teriyaki Turkey Burgers

This time around our recipe swap theme was one of my favorites...burgers (and sandwiches, too).  Frank just isn't a big fan of burgers for dinner at home, or even when we're out.  I mean, don't get me wrong...he'll eat them :) but it would just never be his first choice.  So, I made this for myself for lunch while he was at work.

I was happy to receive a recipe that I hadn't tried before.  Stef from Kickin it in the Kitch submitted it and it was really good!  I had to grill a few extra pieces of pineapple (couldn't resist) but hey, at least I ate it without a bun :)



Thanks for a great recipe, Stef!

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
slightly adapted from Kickin it in the Kitch

1 cup breadcrumbs
1 can pineapple rings, drained (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 pound lean ground turkey
teriyaki sauce for basting
jalapeno slices

Combine breadcrumbs, juice and soy sauce in a bowl and mix.  Add meat and mix well.  Shape into 4 patties.

Grill for about 10-12 minutes, brushing occasionally with teriyaki sauce.  With a few minutes left, add pineapple to grill and cook for a minute or two on each side.  Baste with sauce if you like.  Plate burger and top with pineapple and jalapeno.



Comments