Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato & Pesto Sandwich

I feel like the majority of my posts lately have consisted of the same ingredients.  Anyone else notice that?  Blueberries, tomatoes, herbs...all those delicious things that are in season.

Today is no exception.  How can you resist this sandwich?  It's quick, easy and so delicious.  Comforting is an understatement.  


It's a super simple "adult" grilled cheese :)


There should be a nice slice of onion in here but unfortunately I was out of them that day (!!!)...normally that's a given with any grilled cheese I make.  Still, it was awesome.

I want the herbs in my garden to last forever!!!

Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato & Pesto Sandwich
2 slices bread
pat of butter
sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
sliced tomato
pesto (homemade or store bought)

Spread pesto on both sides of bread.  Add cheese and tomato, then close sandwich.  Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat, then put sandwich in.

Grill on one side, then flip.  Grill on other side until cheese is melted, then remove and plate.  Cut in half and serve.



Comments